O'LOUGHLIN'S PORTRAYAL OF McGARRETT "DIFFERENT"

10:54 AM / Posted by RyShel Admin /

5 August 2010,
Alex O'Loughlin has revealed that his Hawaii Five-0 character is complex.
In an interview with The TV Addict, O'Loughlin explained that his portrayal of Steve McGarrett is "a little different" from Jack Lord's in the original series.

"You learn a lot about our Steve McGarrett in the very beginning, and so I had a lot to work with," he said. "Stuff about his father, about his family, about his estrangement from them, about his military background, about the level of training that he's done." O'Loughlin added that he wants to make sure he represents McGarrett properly.

"He's a really interesting case study for me as an actor and as a sort of researcher of human movement," he said. "My job is character. That's the only thing that I have any kind of control over. It's the only thing I have any input into, really... and that's what I've been trained in and that's what I really enjoy doing. So I guess I came to this and did the character work that I always do. And I found a lot of layers to this guy." - Digitalspy.co.uk

Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment